Frequently Asked Questions
All about your spa water.
- Can the chemicals that you put in the water burn your skin?
- Cloudy water
- Do Chemicals have a shelf life?
- Do Silver & mineral water purifiers work?
- Do test strips expire?
- Does chlorine rot swimwear?
- Foaming water
- Hot tub folliculitis, (my hot tub has not been used in a long while)
- How do I manage 'hard water'?
- How much does it cost in chemicals to maintain good water?
- How often should I shock the water & what’s the difference between Chlorine shock & non Chlorine shock?
- How often should I test the spa water?
- I cant get the chlorine levels stable after a drain and refill.
- I have green water.
- I want to change from Chlorine to Bromine (or other way around)
- Lower than expected Bromine reading on Test strip pad.
- My Chlorine is not registering against my test strips. The water has not been changed for 3 - 4 months.
- My Chlorine is not registering against my test strips. The water is less than 2 months old.
- My entire family developed a rash after using our Spa. The doctor told me it was ‘Hot tub folliculitis’. What has caused this to appear in our tub?
- pH is difficult to control.
- Test results differ from still water to when the air blower is on.
- The hot tub water is green and has a bad smell to it, what can I do to fix the issue and cleanse my hot tub?
- Too much Chlorine / Bromine
- What are the best test strips to use? 4 way?
- What bath oils or crystals can I use in my hot tub? Is aromatherapy oil better than crystals?
- What is shock?
- What makes spa water 'cloudy?'
- What's the difference between chlorine and bromine?
- Which is better, the quick dissolving granules or the slow release tablets?
- Why is my water cloudy?
- Will bath oils interfere with my spa water or is it safe to use? What fragrances are available?