Your mum deserves the World, although it can sometimes be hard to find a gift to show how much you appreciate her. Today we’re here to show you why giving a Hot Tub as a Mother’s Day gift is the perfect solution!
We know what you’re thinking – buying a Hot Tub is a pretty big investment! However, buying a Hot Tub for your mum goes way beyond just the gift itself.
A Hot Tub is a long-term gift
Everyone loves receiving flowers and chocolates as gifts! But when the flowers have wilted and the chocolates have been eaten, what does your mum have left to remind her of the thought you put into it?
Hot Tubs are designed to stand the test of time, with many lasting over 15 years! Every time your mum uses it, she will be reminded of you, and how much you appreciate everything she does.
Mums Deserve time off
Hot Tubs are the perfect excuse for putting your health and well-being first. Setting aside time on a regular basis to soak in a bubbly Hot Tub has so many health benefits! They’re also great for spending more time with your family – so ban the technology and get the family together for an evening of catching up and reconnecting.
A Hot Tub is a once-in-a-lifetime, Luxury Purchase
Seriously though, who wouldn’t want to have their own private Hot Tub haven?! Upgrade your garden, improve your mental and physical health, or just because you can – there’s no such thing as a bad excuse! Group together as a family to put money towards spoiling your mum with a Hot Tub – an impossible gift to beat!
Just because your mum will be blown away by an extravagant luxury gift doesn’t mean it has to cost you the Earth. Our Hot Tubs come with 0% Finance over 3 years!
Make gift-buying for your mum Easy for years!
Owning a Hot Tub makes buying gifts effortless – no more worrying over what box of chocolates to buy! Unsure what you can buy? Take a look at our gift guide below!
- Fluffy new robes and towels: The feeling of luxury doesn’t have to end once you get out of the Hot Tub!
- Delightful aromatherapy: Releasing beautiful fragrances and being perfectly safe for use in your Hot Tub, aromatherapy helps to create a peaceful, relaxing atmosphere for your Hot Tub soak.
- Weatherproof garden enclosures: While buying a quality enclosure is another investment, they can mean the difference between using your Hot Tub all year round, and not being up to it.
- New steps: If your Hot Tub isn’t sunken into your garden, steps allow you to slip gracefully into your hot tub, instead of clambering in.
- Hot tub covers: Keep your Hot Tub clean and running costs down by using a hot tub cover.
- Floating drinks holders: Just because you’re in hot water doesn’t mean you can’t sip on bubbly!
- Acrylic drinks flutes: Glass and water don’t mix. Use acrylic drinks flutes to maintain a spot of class, while keeping yourself and your Hot Tub safe.
- Waterproof playing cards: In a technology-free zone, keep your family and friends entertained with Hot Tub games like waterproof playing cards!
What to give the mum who has it all?
The Hot Tub that has it all, of course! Our brand-new Hot Tub comes with so many amazing features as standard, your mum will want for nothing!
Check out what’s included below:
- Plush cushioned headrests for added comfort
- Built-in drinks cooler, holding enough drinks for everyone in the spa to have the ultimate party!
- A fold out table which sits neatly above the water to stand your drinks on or play games. The table easily tucks away when not in use to open up the space in the spa.
- Lit adjustable waterfall.
- Colour changing lighting in and above the waterline to create the perfect atmosphere for relaxation.
- Stylish cabinet corner lighting.
- Recessed adjustable stainless-steel jetting focusing on tension areas to offer the ultimate in hydrotherapy.
- A built-in weather, UV and fade-resistant umbrella covering 44sqft, with a 360-degree swivel design. This means you can position the umbrella over or next to the spa, being perfect for creating a social space if there’s too many people to fit into the spa!
- Large non-slip, curved, solid steps with a handy built-in storage area for your chemicals, towels or slippers. You even get planters for either side of the steps to create a beautifully-designed garden centrepiece!
- A sturdy handrail for easy access in and out of the spa.
- A thermal, water resistant cover is also included, locking in the heat for complete energy efficiency. You also get a handy cover lifter that sits nicely behind the spa, supporting the lifting of the cover.
Now there are some great features – with free delivery thrown in, all for £5,995! If you want to know more about the Award Suite Spa, get in touch with us today.
You could just buy your mum a box of chocolates or a candle this Mother’s Day, but why not show her how much you really care with something she will use for years to come? If you want more information on why Hot Tubs are the perfect gift, Download our Hot Tub Buyers Guide here!
The Hot Tub industry is one of the fastest growing in the UK, with constant innovations and improvements – meaning the quality of Hot Tubs is only going up! We’ve done a quick roundup of the coolest new features that are available for your Hot Tub in 2019.
New hot tub features for 2019
The Coast Cubby
The Coast Cubby is a small pump built into to the hot tub cabinet which allows you to empty your hot tub quickly, easily and whenever you want, with easy access via a small door. Usually, emptying hot tubs requires a portable pump and a long, long hose to reach to your drain. The Coast Cubby has both the pump and the hose included – how cool is that?
That’s not even the best part of the Coast Cubby!
The pump and pipe are hidden underneath a removable floor. The small compartment has air grills inside which allows the heat created by hot tub motors to enter and circulate. This circulating hot air within the Coast Cubby creates the perfect environment to store up to 4 towels. Your towels are always warm and ready to use when you get out of the hot tub. Who doesn’t like warm fluffy towels?!
Can’t bear to be more than 6 feet away from your phone? No problem! The Coast Cubby is watertight, so your electronics can be safely stored until you’re not soaking wet.
The Atlas Swim Spa Jet
Our patented propulsion system recreates the feeling as though you’re swimming in open water for a truly authentic experience.
This exclusive technology creates a seemingly endless current while allowing swimmers to control the water resistance according to their ability - without the turbulence and frothy waves that other swim spas create. This can be achieved regardless of whether the pumps are set to minimum or maximum power! Our exclusive touchpad control system can save up to 10 different resistance settings, so the exact preferred swimming experience can be repeated every time you use your swim spa. All you need to do is choose your settings and swim!
ChromaZone Multicolour Gem & Glo Jets Lighting
We all know that lighting is the way to create a delightfully relaxing atmosphere in your Hot Tub. With a choice of over 1,000 spectacular colours, you can illuminate each seat, the dials and waterfalls in your favourite colours, separately or collectively. You can even customise the lighting on the outside of the hot tub cabinet! Light up your hot tub, your way.
Control My Spa
Worried about going away and leaving your Hot Tub? Or maybe you want to get your hot tub ready to dive straight in after a stressful day? You can control the lights and temperature of your hot tub using a phone or tablet - from anywhere in the world! Your hot tub can talk back to your App with the ability to set up schedules and receive notifications if your hot tub needs attention or a service.
Want to know more? Check out this awesome video from Coast Spas!
Coast Connect Waterfall Table
Enjoy drinks and snacks while sitting in your spa using the fabulous colour changing Coast Connect table. Situated in the centre of your spa, the table clicks into place and can also be removed if you need more space. The table top has the option to gently cascade your hot spa water over the surface for an extra little bit of ‘wow’!
The warning light fitted alongside the lit Coast Spa logo to the front of your hot tub cabinet enables you to easily monitor the status of your hot tub. When the light is green, your hot tub is good to go! If the light blinks or turns a solid red - you'll know that there's an issue with the water flow or the water temperature.
Wellness Therapy Seats and Impulse Jets
Experience a deep tissue kneading massage with individual seating dedicated to Wellness.
Activated by simply applying pressure to the jet’s rollerball, the Impulse Jet comes to life providing a soothing pulse massage to trigger points on your body. The variable speed massage is customised with an independent, easy to use control panel right next to the individual hydrotherapy seat.
The result is an unparalleled hydrotherapy experience, not found in any other hot tub to date.
Whew, that’s a lot of neat little features!
If you're investing in a Hot Tub, you want to make sure it's absolutely perfect for you and your family. If that means being able to control your Hot Tub from work, or having pre-warmed towels right there when you need them, the go for it! Life is too short to compromise, so put your happiness first and get the Hot Tub that will perfectly complement your life.
If you want more details on the amazing new features (and the existing ones!) just get in touch with us to Download your FREE brochure!
#HotTubs #CoastSpas #2019 #HotTubLife
If you love a hot tub manufacturer but can’t afford their full retail price, or you’re an eagle-eyed deal hunter, ex-display hot tub models can be a great solution. Today we’re talking about whether they’re really the deal they seem to be on paper.
Why you should buy an ex-display model
- Don’t confuse pre-owned or used with ex-display. If you’re buying an ex display that has never been filled, you can be sure that no one has ever used it. You should only expect some minor wear and tear from being in a showroom. The payoff? You’re still saving up to thousands of pounds for an almost as-new model!
- Even if your ex-display hot tub has been filled and used as a wet test model, you can be sure that it is in the best place to be looked after and maintained properly. In order to comply with BISHTA regulations, all our filled showroom hot tubs must be chemical tested daily, so you’ll know that your hot tub has always had the right amount of chemicals in, prolonging its life.
What should you consider when buying an ex-display hot tub?
- Be careful with the warranty available and remember that if an offer appears too good to be true, it likely is!
- All credible manufacturers begin their warranty 6 months from when their hot tub was made. Some hot tubs may have been in showrooms on display or in warehouses for many months, so check when the hot tub was manufactured and what the exact warranties are. The date of manufacture is usually found on a plate or sticker within or on the cabinet of the hot tub itself. It’s also worth finding out whether the warranty is with the retailer or the manufacturer?
- Who will fix the hot tub when it breaks? Does the designated technician have the skills, the parts and even the commitment to fix your hot tub? This is important to find out before purchase, so you’re protected if anything does happen.
- If a hot tub is being sold cheaply it’s either:
- An end of the line, so make sure you can still get the parts from either the retailer or the manufacturer.
- Ex-display, so make sure it has been thoroughly cleaned with a sanitiser and a bio film elimination chemical – you don’t want to be getting into a stranger’s bath water!
- An older stock model – check all the warranties for the shell, cabinet, frame, disposables (such as headrests & jets), plumbing lines and electronics.
- The company is going out of business. There isn’t a problem with picking up a good deal, if you understand that any warranties offered by the company going out of business will likely be void. If this is the case, make sure there is another company selling the brand nearby should you need any repairs.
- Ask for a new filter. You don’t want a smelly, old paper cartridge that’s been sat in stagnant water for many months!
There are many common-sense factors to consider, but in summary; buy from a manufacturer and a retailer you can trust. You will probably use your hot tub for many years to come - it’s like buying a second-hand boiler for your home and you’re really buying into a service relationship, so choose your supplier carefully.
Reputable companies that offer ex-display and pre-owned models should be able to help you every step of the way, but it’s a great idea to prepare yourself so you know what to look for, what to avoid and how to get the best deal without paying for it down the line.
For more information on the fantastic deals you can find on pre-owned and ex-display hot tubs, head over to our local showroom special offers pages in Warwickshire, Lincoln, London, Cheshire & Birmingham, or check out our dedicated display stock sale website.
You only have to look at the queues outside Costco, Argos and B&Q on a sunny day to understand that people go mad for a cheap inflatable hot tub. We often get people coming into store asking about them – while we don’t stock them, that’s not to say they’re a good idea for some! Today we’re talking about the pros and cons to investing in an inflatable hot tub.
Pluses and Positives:
- The blow-up hot tubs are a great way of finding out if you’re going to use a hot tub. You can usually pick up a cheap inflatable Hot Tub for around £300, which is a much smaller investment than a hard-shell hot tub!
- Because they are inexpensive to buy and conveniently plug into a standard U.K. socket, you can literally buy one in a box, pump it up with the air blower supplied and be in hot water on the same day. No lengthy lead times, no electrician, no hassle! You’ll also use way less electricity than a traditional 32 Amp traditional Hot Tub, saving you money in running costs.
- If you’re persuaded to splash out on the real deal at some point in the future, you’ll be better prepared for knowing what type of hot tub you prefer. You’ll also have knowledge on water chemistry and all of the other chores and challenges which are associated with hot tub ownership.
- Your garden will become a party-zone and you’ll have friends (some which you’d forgotten about) turn up at your house with their bathing costume! It’s a great (and relatively inexpensive) way of reconnecting with family and friends, and of course making use of your garden, which may otherwise have only been used for drying the laundry!
- If your garden resembles more of a postage stamp than a country estate, you might not want a hot tub taking up precious space all year-round. Inflatable hot tubs can easily be emptied, deflated and put away until you’re ready to use it again! The bonus to being easily stored is that you can take it with you – whether you’re moving to a new house or fancy a soak at your holiday home, providing you have a water supply and electrical outlet, your inflatable hot tub can deliver!
The Downsides and liabilities:
- You’ll have to regularly change the water - every 2 weeks if in daily use! The filter is very, very basic in inflatable hot tubs; not what you want when they’re responsible for collecting everything which comes off our body and keeping the water clear! The filters are disposable and don’t last long (perhaps a month) – although they’re usually only a tenner online.
- It can get expensive to run as there’s no insulation to keep the water hot – usually only a lid and perhaps a ground sheet. While in the height of Summer this may not be a problem, but if you use your Hot Tub when the weather is a little cooler (or early morning/late evening), this could become expensive.
- There’s no built-in or in-line purification system to keep the water clean and neutralise bacteria and water-borne germs – just a floating dispenser. This must be loaded manually with chlorine or bromine tablets and left bobbing around in the spa, meaning that you’ll use lots of chemicals and without lots of bromine/chlorine the result will be dirty. Chlorine and Bromine are bleaches, meaning that lots of chemicals will deteriorate of the insides of the blow-up spa, which cannot be avoided! The deterioration weakens the material, leaving it prone to rips and tears; these rips and tears won’t be covered under the guarantee and it’s very difficult to repair as the puncture repair material won’t stick to the now chemically-scoured sides of the spa. As an additional bonus (that was sarcasm) the blower and heater will also pack up!
- While you usually get a 12-month guarantee, the lifespan of an inflatable spa is around 2 Summers use (if you’re lucky!) after which it will likely need replacing. This is also a major issue, as they are not recyclable – meaning when it inevitably breaks and you throw it out, it will sit just sit in a landfill forever! We are firm believers in environmental sustainability, so while hard shell hot tubs are also hard to recycle, a good quality model will last upwards of 10 years, lessening the need to be replaced and reducing waste!
- Inflatable hot tubs only have an air blower to create the bubbles, so there is no hydrotherapy – just air! The trouble with these types of jets is you cannot control the temperature as it will be the same as the ambient surrounding air temperature. So, on a colder day, the air will cool the water dramatically.
- You won’t be able to use the spa during the winter. Most blow-up spa manufacturers advise against using their hot tub in temperatures lower than 10 ° Celsius since in the winter, the heater cannot warm the water as fast as the air temperature cools the water. If you’re determined to use an inflatable Hot Tub through the winter, a great idea is to set your blow-up spa in a cabin, which will help to keep it relatively warm.
- There’s no seats in the blow-up spas, so when you’re in it, you’re sitting on the floor at garden or deck level. But hey, so is everyone else in your spa and if you’ve all got a drink – who cares?
Inflatable hot tubs merits and can be a great starting point for someone dipping their toe (pun intended) into the world of hot tub ownership. That said, they are not a long-term investment, and while they’re relatively cheap to buy initially, you may pay the price later down the line!
If you want more information on where to start with a hard-shell hot tub, feel free to contact us or Download our FREE Buyer’s Guide to start your journey to Hot Tub ownership.
#inflatablehottubs #vs #hardshellhottubs
The 15th March 2019 is globally recognised as World Sleep Day – sounds like a dream come true for people who love nothing more than being tucked up by 9pm and lazing around on a Sunday – but World Sleep Day actually has a much more important message about raising awareness on the importance of getting good quality sleep.
Research into the impact of sleep has found that by not getting enough quality sleep for just 1 night negatively impacts memory recall, attention span and learning ability, with 46% of people reporting frequent sleep disturbances also reporting work absence or errors. With this in mind, its not hard to see how the UK loses 200,000 working days and £40 billion per year due to sleep-deprived employees.
So, what can you do?
There are loads of things you can try to help you get a better night’s sleep – Remember, its not enough to get a high quantity of sleep, you also need to make sure you’re getting good quality sleep too! Here are our top tips for getting enough z’s:
1. Try to go to bed at the same time every night: we get it, weekends are for sleeping in, right? Actually, that may be working against you when it comes to getting good quality sleep. Studies have shown that by going to sleep at the same time every night, you fall asleep faster, and have improved cognitive performance during the day.
2. Avoid stimulants late in the day: I know that if I have even a caffeinated cola too late in the day, I’ll be tossing and turning until 3 in the morning. While you may not be as sensitive as that, it’s certainly a good idea to avoid caffeine, nicotine or alcohol late in the day to ensure a good night of undisturbed kip.
3. Make your sleeping area comfortable: that’s right, it may be time to throw that old lumpy mattress you’ve had for 15 years! Make sure you have enough pillows, so your neck is comfortable; you have enough blankets so you’re not too warm or cold, if the room is light try a sleeping mask, and if it is too noisy try ear plugs or a white noise machine.
4. Avoid using your bedroom for anything other than sleep: If you’re anything like me, I love working on my bed – why wouldn’t I want to be comfortable while working hard?! It turns out that this may be harming your chances of a good night’s sleep. By doing activities other than sleeping, your brain may associate your bed as a place where your brain needs to be engaged and working, instead of a place for winding down.
5. Create a bedtime routine: Spend an hour reading, take a relaxing bath, listen to some soothing music or adopt a skincare routine to prepare yourself for sleep. By getting into a routine, you allow your body and mind time to relax before getting into bed.
Can my Hot Tub help me to sleep better?
The short answer is yes, absolutely! Both the temperature and the hydrotherapy jets on a hot tub contribute to:
- Body temperature: your hot tub will raise your body temperature, and when you step out, your body temperature will come down. This raising and subsequent lowering of your temperature puts your body in a perfect state for sleeping – it is recommended that to gain the maximum benefit, you should have a 20-minute session about 2 hours before you go to bed.
- Endorphins: the hydrotherapy action from the jets relieve stress and pain, by stimulating the release of endorphins. These endorphins remain in your system even after you have left the hot tub, and help you relax into a deeper state of sleep.
What’s the Best Hot Tub to help me sleep?
The 7ft square ‘Element’ Hot Tub by Coast Spas has all the benefits of hydrotherapy, relaxation and luxury a Hot Tub can offer. Featuring seating for 5 people, including a head to toe therapy lounger you can sit back and relax while the jets soothe and massage those aches and pains. The lounger is developed as a ‘no-float’ lounge deeper in the bottom area, so you slide right into it comfortably with the added benefits of jets for the hips, and armrests for extra comfort – also featuring jets for the wrists.
The spa also boasts steps into the spa for easy access, bucket seating with multi-level options, drinks holders and wrap around head rests. The exclusive 24” lit waterfall with the Curve raised back design is the largest waterfall available on any Hot Tub, providing a cascade of hot water therapy to soothe those aching shoulders. This waterfall is adjustable and will certainly soak the stress of the day away as the hot water flows over your body. Those suffering to sleep will sure feel relaxed, calm and comfortable after a soak in this Coast Spas Hot Tub!
If you want more information on getting the most out of your sleep, or how to get involved in World Sleep Day, check out the World Sleep Day website. To discover more about how our Hot Tubs can help you achieve a better night’s sleep, download our Buyer’s Guide and get in touch with us to find your perfect Hot Tub match.
#WorldSleepDay2019 #HotTubs #HotTubsOvercomeInsomnia #BetterSleep
Buying a Hot Tub is so exciting! Browsing hot tub websites, visiting beautiful showrooms and learning all about the different types of hot tub – but there are also some things to consider before you settle on a model to make sure that the hot tub you choose is a perfect fit for you and your family. Read on for our handy little guide on considerations for buying a hot tub in 2019!
How will I get it in my garden?
Hot Tubs are large and awkward, weighing as much as 600 kg unfilled – and that’s without any water in it! It’s important to get a Hot Tub that will fit into your allocated space – but that doesn’t mean that if you don’t have access to your back garden, you can’t have a Hot Tub! Many people have their Hot Tub lifted over their house by crane. To ensure that your installation goes smoothly, it is best to order your Hot Tub from a company that undertakes the installation and crane hire for you.
How do I connect my hot tub to an electric supply?
Hot Tubs requiring a standard 3 pin plug are popular for their convenience – they can just be plugged into any standard household socket. They also tend to be cheaper to buy! The downsides to these types of Hot Tubs are that they will have limited features, lose temperature quickly and be higher maintenance. On the other hand, a Hot Tub requiring a 32-amp supply will have more powerful pump(s), bigger jets that will deliver a much better massage and a more effective heater which will keep the water hotter for longer.
GOOD TO KNOW: Hot Tubs requiring a 32-amp supply will need a dedicated electrical connection from the household electrical supply, installed by a qualified electrician - costing on average £300.
How many jets should my hot tub have?
On average, a quality hydrotherapy spa will have no more than 30 jets per massage pump. If there are more, take a look at the jet portals. If they are very small, the water pressure will not offer hydrotherapy; instead, it will mark your body and is likely to hurt any sore muscles and joints – exactly the opposite of what you want in a Hot Tub! Loads and loads of jets do not mean you have the best spa in the world – probably the opposite applies.
It’s also a great idea to look at the size of the spa in comparison to the amount of jets the spa has; having lots of jets in a small spa may create too much turbulence. Plus, it all depends on the size of the pumps that accommodates those jets; there is no point have a low HP pump to power lots of jets, and similarly a high HP pump to power few jets, as the massage provided will not offer the hydrotherapy benefit it should.
GOOD TO KNOW: If a jet has a big face, it doesn’t necessarily mean the jet itself is big. The key is to look at the portal where the water comes out from. A good hydrotherapy spa will offer a range of jets including rotational and directional, as well as the smaller jets offering a high pressure and intense flow for a deeper tissue massage.
How many seats do I need?
Obviously, this depends on how large your family or social circle is!
Statistics claim that 80% of the time there’s just 1 person in the hot tub, 10% of the time only 3 or more persons and the other 10% is when there’ll be a small gathering or party!
Choosing your seating will also depend on what you want to use your hot tub for: hydrotherapy or pleasure? Hydrotherapy requires a lounger, higher cool down seats and wrap around, deeper seats with large and powerful jets. It’s always important to make sure that there’s a seat to fit everyone who will be using the hot tub regularly. For instance, are your shoulders comfortably under the waterline or does the water level mean you require a snorkel?
GOOD TO KNOW: Chinese-made hot tubs have much smaller seating, whereas American-made seats seem to be wider and more accommodating to those who are ‘bigger-boned’!
If you need help – break away from the internet and seek assistance at an established hot tub showroom. Hot tubs have been around in the U.K. since the turn of 2000, so choose someone who’s been around the block a few times and know their Hot Tub range inside-out.
How much does a Hot Tub cost to run?
This is THE most asked question from hot tub shoppers. The answer is that while yes, your electricity bills are going to go up (naturally, as you’re running an extra appliance!) it completely depends on the insulation behind the hot tub cabinet. Insulation is normally not standard and Hot Tub models may have different types of insulation available, so it’s important to know the difference before committing. If a hot tub comes with insulation, it will likely be more expensive to buy; however, it will cost a lot less to run!
GOOD TO KNOW: Many of the Chinese and USA-made hot tubs do not have insulation, or they have an inferior (and likely much cheaper) substitute. This is either because the country from where it was made has a much warmer climate than the U.K. and therefore there is no call for insulation, or the manufacturer has missed out insulation to reduce the cost.
There are 3 types of insulation:
- Full foam insulation – Expanding foam in every area between the underneath of the shell and inside the cabinet. This is the most efficient type of insulation you can get for your Hot Tub and will help to reduce your running costs.
- Very little or partial insulation – this is where the shell just sits on a frame surrounded by cabinet panels. Without the panels, you’ll be able to see straight through from one side of the hot tub to the other.
- ‘Trendy’ insulation – There will always be some scientific story with this one. It could be Celotex panels attached to the cabinet, silver foil used by N.A.S.A spacemen, loose fibre in plastic bags, even Rockwall type rolls. Any of these are used as an alternative to full foam and whatever is used is stuffed manually behind the cabinet as an afterthought to insulate hot tubs that were not designed for our climate. Be prepared for some of the most bizarre and far-fetched sales stories to justify this type of insulation – From being the latest high-tech solution to it being pest resilient and flame resistant (who is going to try and set your hot tub on fire?).
How will the insulation affect running costs?
We’ve given you some estimates on what running costs to expect, depending on what insulation you choose. They are calculated assuming that the hot tub is left switched on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year, and using it for an hour a day at 40 °C.
1. Full Foam Insulation: around £400 per year. While this is usually the most expensive option, the hot tubs have more reliable components, better guarantees and will save you money in the long term (up to £1,200 per year!). Full foam insulation also gives your hot tub more structural support, by supporting the frame when the hot tub is filled with a tonne of water and numerous bathers!
2. Partial Insulation: Around £1,600 per year*. This is because the heat WILL escape through the cabinet. The hot tub will also be very noisy, suffer from leaks (as there is no structural support of the pipes and jets) and the shell may crack or blister due to inadequate structural support!
3. ‘Alternative’ Insulation: This ‘trendy’ insulation may have been presented in such a way that it seems very trendy or on point – it becomes infinitely less appealing when it costs you £800 per year* to run. This is because again, the heat WILL escape through the cabinet. Regardless of any trendy types of insulation, the hot tub will suffer from the same downfalls as hot tubs with partial insulation – being very noisy, leaking and the cracking/blistering of the shell.
So why do people buy hot tubs without Full Foam Insulation?
- The salesman lied about the insulation on the hot tub they bought.
- They were just too busy and bought from the first store they found.
- The insulation story on what to buy and what not to buy was so confusing that they just bought either the hot tub that they liked the most.
- They did not know about and was not told about the importance of insulation.
- They was not made aware of the importance of insulation in determining running costs and just wanted a to buy a hot tub.
- They had no intention of using the hot tub in the winter and therefore didn’t need to worry about insulation.
- They wanted to spend less and only saw the saving in the purchase price and hadn’t anticipated the running costs in the long term.
- They intended to stuff the inside of the cabinet with Rockwall insulation and replace every 3 months.
GOOD TO KNOW: Do not believe internet jargon or listen to fake news from sales people. Consider your own home – what type of insulation do we use in the walls of our own homes? The answer is Full Foam Insulation. Very little heat is lost, we keep out the cold and noise from outside and our heating bills are lower!
Whew! Bit of an information overload there – but its all super important to finding the right Hot Tub for you. If you want more help, you can find more tips and tricks in our handy little Buyers Guide that you can Download for Free straight from our website!
It’s not hard to see how romantic Hot Tubs can be in the right setting. Imagine spending quality time enjoying each other’s company and just taking a minute to unplug from the world around you. Now, imagine easing tired muscles, restoring inner calm and renewing energy levels in a warm, bubbly Hot Tub at the same time! Creating the perfect setting for romance is easy with a little time and planning. Just follow our 10 top tips for Valentines success!
1) Planning is key. Organise for kids to stay away at friends or grandparents’ houses, or if they have any social clubs of an evening just let them know that you will be stealing your partner away for the night! There’s no bigger mood killer than foregoing your date night because your partner had already made plans.
2) Make every little detail count. Everyone knows that the showstopper is the evening itself, but what about making the invitation a little special? Let your loved one know your plans ahead of time by giving them a handwritten love letter inviting them to spend the evening in the Hot Tub.
3) Splash out on new robes. The only thing better than getting out of a Hot Tub feeling refreshed, is getting out of a Hot Tub and slipping into a nice new, fluffy robe to walk back to the warm house and continue the evening.
4) Turn off all distractions. Tonight is the night to spend quality time with your partner, with no distractions. Switch off your phones and leave them in the house so you can be present and in the moment with your loved one.
5) Don’t forget the chocolates… Chocolate is the timeless romance classic. Dip your favourite fruit in melted chocolate (think strawberries, chopped banana, apple slices, cherries…) for a delicious addition to your ot HHfHot Tub date night.
6) … Or the refreshments! Champagne or Prosecco is the classic choice for a romantic evening – but its important to stay hydrated when you’re in the Hot Tub! Here’s our favourite recipe from Tasty for a sensual mocktail to enjoy this Valentines:
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle a handful each of blueberries and raspberries, and a sprig of mint.
- Add 30ml lime juice, 1 tablespoon of honey, and come crushed ice.
- Shake until well combined (if you don’t have a cocktail shaker, pour back and forth between two glasses until combined).
- Strain the mixture over some more ice and top with a splash of soda water.
7) Switch on the music. There’s no better way to set the mood for a romantic evening than having music on in the background. A safe bet is sticking with your partners favourite band or genre, or if you want something a bit more traditionally sensual, you can’t go wrong with a bit of Marvin Gaye!
8) Take advantage of aromatherapy. Take the romance up a notch with a light fragrance to tantalise the senses! There’s no need to faff around with essential oils and doses, you can just add a capful of our Spamate aromatherapy to your Hot Tub! Our favourite scents for a romantic Hot Tub date night are Rocky Road, French Vanilla, and Peach Bellini – delicious!
9) Lighting is everything. Whether you go for romantic lanterns, twinkling fairy lights or traditional candles, getting the lighting right is perfect for making a romantic atmosphere.
10) Give a little bit of privacy. If your Hot Tub is out in the open, it’s a great idea to put up some privacy screening (or better yet, indulge in a luxury Hot Tub Enclosure!) to create a cosy little space for cuddling up to your loved one this Valentines.
If you’re looking for intimacy and sharing great times together, the Coast Spas Tublicious is the perfect hot tub. Sit opposite each other in the comfortably hot water with bubbling jets tenderly tickling you all over your back and neck. The Tublicious is for 2 people, so there is no better place to kindle intimacy and reconnect with your soul mate!
For more space and choice of seating, the Coast Spas Element B Hot Tub offers many more seating options. Colour changing, underwater lights with lit waterfalls create an idyllic ambience and tingling air jets gently tickle your body and ripple the water. The Element B has a variety of seats for bathers of varying heights and body shapes - the large footwell especially, makes moving around in the hot tub much easier. The cleverly designed higher seats are there for smaller bathers and help you cool down by lifting your body out of the water – especially beneficial if the hot tub experience becomes too steamy!
Now you’re fully prepared, let’s get back to that blend of champagne, strawberries and hot bubbling water with a beautiful aromatherapy sensation - the scene could not be more perfect for the ultimate Valentines date night.
In the age of Social Media trendsetters and YouTube tutorials for just about anything, the internet is a vast wealth of collective knowledge and experiences, and absolutely should not be underestimated for its usefulness in finding something new and learning about it – so should you use it to buy a Hot Tub?
The short answer is – yes! Nothing screams ‘convenience’ more than searching for a luxury Hot Tub from the comfort of your sofa, without having to travel to your local Hot Tub Showroom and hope they have something suitable for you. So where should you go on the internet to find a Hot Tub?
Finding the right online Hot Tub Company
It is SUPER important that you choose a reputable company if you are going to buy a Hot Tub from the internet. There are many companies operating solely online that are less than scrupulous, luring customers in with what looks like a ‘good’ deal and a warranty that seems too good to be true – and that’s because in most cases, it is. Most of these companies can offer these incredible deals because they buy cheap spas that break down soon after purchase and have no intention of staying in business long enough to honour any warranty. Sound like a nightmare? Fear not! There are good guys out there selling Hot Tubs on the internet, we promise!
The best way to go about choosing a Hot Tub company to buy from is to not get sucked in by pretty pictures of Hot Tubs – study the company first. Look at how long they have been in business, which should give you a pretty good indication of how capable they will be to honour any warranty they offer. Another great feature to look out for is whether the company install and service their Hot Tubs themselves, or contract it out to a third party; if they have their own dedicated service team, it is likely that the company know their Hot Tubs well, and will be able to help you with any issue that you may encounter!
We understand that buying anything online is a big commitment, so we want to make sure you have everything you need to find the perfect Hot Tub without even getting off the sofa. All our Hot Tubs and Outdoor Leisure products are available to view and to buy online right here, on Awardleisure.com. You can also download our Free Buyer’s Guides for help choosing the right product for you, and get advice on all things Hot Tub from our Online Support Desk!
Hot Tub Deals
Hottubdeals.co.uk was designed with ease in mind – by promoting our exclusive Regency Hot Tub Collection with all-inclusive pricing and easy online finance applications, we wanted to make sure buying a Hot Tub online is as enjoyable as using it! All our exclusive internet-only Hot Tub deals are in stock at our UK warehouse and available for immediate delivery, so you can be bubbling away in your Hot Tub in no time!
Hot Tub Offers
If you’re looking for a great Hot Tub discount, look no further than hottuboffers.com! Featuring pre-owned and ex-display models, you can pick up a great deal that’s available for immediate nationwide delivery. All of the Hot Tubs also come with a 2-year guarantee, so you can be sure that your Hot Tub is of the same quality and standard as our other models on offer.
Finding a good Hot Tub Showroom
It’s no secret that Hot Tubs are expensive. They are a luxury product for a reason, and for most households, they are a pretty major investment which requires a lot of research. The internet is great for ordering an emergency 5 kilo bag of gummy bears (trust me, they’re out there), but most people would be more hesitant to order thousands of pounds worth of a Hot Tub without first seeing the model in a showroom and learning as much as they could from an experienced salesperson. If this sounds like you, then a good old-fashioned showroom is the way to go!
Award Leisure are the largest Hot Tub retailer in the UK with 6 nationwide showrooms, so you shouldn’t have to travel too far to come and see our huge range of Hot Tubs! All of our showrooms are fully stocked with a wide range of outdoor leisure products (not just hot tubs!) so you can get everything you could possibly want to create the perfect retreat. We’ve included our showrooms below and where to find them:
Award Leisure Birmingham is situated in Hall Green, Birmingham. This showroom is well placed for customers coming from Worcester, Wolverhampton and the rest of the West Midlands, being just a few minutes’ drive from J4 of the M42.
Award Leisure Cheshire is based in Knutsford and is a 10-minute drive from J19 of the M6, helping our customers in the North and North Wales to find their perfect Hot Tub. Award Leisure Cheshire is also a short 40 minute drive from Manchester.
Award Leisure Lincoln can be found at Pennells Garden Centre in Lincolnshire, just off the A46 in South Hykeham. This small but mighty Showroom is conveniently located so you can get everything you need for your garden in one place.
Award Leisure London is based in St Albans, just off the North Orbital road and 5 minutes from J22 of the M25. Our St Albans Showroom is in the perfect location for any customers living in and around all sides of London and the South East.
Award Leisure Superstore is our UK warehouse, storing all of our Hot Tubs ready for delivery - but it's also open to the public 7 days a week for you to have a look around! You can find it in Ventura Park Trading Estate in Tamworth, which is a 10-minute drive from J10 of the M42 and the M6 Toll.
Award Leisure Warwickshire is our Head office, and the hub of all things Award Leisure. Our flagship showroom is based on the A5 between Dordon and Grendon, being 2 minutes from J10 on the M42. The Showrooms is conveniently located for customers from both Warwickshire and Leicestershire.
Deciding you want to buy a Hot Tub is the easy part – it’s important to get everything else that comes afterwards right to avoid disappointment and heartache in what should be an exciting time! If you have any questions, feel free to post a comment below or get in touch with one of our expert Award Leisure advisors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Still undecided? We get it! We have put together all our knowledge and experience of over 30 years in the industry to create a handy little Buyers Guide, that we want to give to you – for Free! This easy to print PDF gives you great hints and tips on common questions to ask, things to consider when looking at Hot Tubs and how to choose the right Hot Tub for you. Download yours today!
Time to Talk Day 2019 is fast approaching and is all about challenging social stereotypes to start a conversation about mental health – a problem that affects 1 in 4 of us throughout our lifetime! From Anxiety and Eating Problems, to PTSD and Postnatal Depression, everyone deserves to feel comfortable talking to someone, and just knowing that someone is there to talk to can make a world of difference.
Mental health problems are one of the leading causes of disability around the world, with 1 in 6 people suffering from mental health issues on a regular basis. The more we talk about mental health, the more the stereotypes surrounding mental health will break down, and the easier it is to encourage people who are suffering to talk about it and get the support that they need. So how can you help?
Time to Talk Day 2019 is on the 7th February this year and encourages everyone to have a conversation about mental health. There is a common misconception that you need to be an expert on mental health to be able to help – this simply isn’t true! Even if you haven’t experienced any mental health issues, there are loads of super helpful resources out there – just check out this list from the mental health charity Mind.org to get you started.
If you’re wondering how to kick off a conversation on Time to Talk Day, why not consider inviting everyone round for a soak in the Hot Tub? There is no better feeling than bubbling away in a soothing, warming hot tub surrounded by your friends or family, with no distractions – providing the perfect opportunity to start a conversation about mental health. It doesn’t even have to be an in-depth discussion on society’s stigma towards people with mental health (but hey, if that’s what you enjoy then go ahead and put the world to rights!), just checking in on everyone and making sure they’re all okay is a great way to start talking.
If relaxing and catching up with friends and family in a bubbly hot tub sounds like the perfect way to spend Time to Talk Day, why not take a look at our Countess 30 Hot Tub from Regency Spas? This round spa is nicely compact to fit most gardens, while being spacious enough to seat 6 people on its bench seating – perfect for gathering friends and family together for a good chat and a hydrotherapy massage. The Countess starts from £5,495 with minimal maintenance and low running costs; and with a fully stocked UK warehouse, the Countess is available for immediate Nationwide delivery. The convenient plug and play feature means that the Countess only needs a 13 amp power supply, saving you the hassle of installing additional electrics – so you can be talking about mental health in a new Hot Tub ready for Time to Talk Day 2019.
If you want more information and advice on Time to Talk Day, head over to the Time to Change website to get tips on starting a conversation and how to get involved in breaking down the stigma around mental health.
#MentalHealth #HotTubs #TimetoTalk